14 Sep Fall Sports Update
Posted at 11:58 AM on September 14, 2023, in Athletics
- Currently undefeated with a 12-0 record
- 1st place finish at the Nike Tournament of Champions in the Elite Bracket
- Currently ranked #9 in Florida in all classes
- Senior Adrianna Bridges is currently ranked #1 for MaxPreps in Florida in all classifications for blocks, with a total of 52
- Currently undefeated with a 4-0 record
- Senior Anthony Barbar is currently ranked as the #1 Quarterback in Florida in All Classifications for MaxPreps
- Junior DJ Wimbley is currently ranked as the #1 Wide Receiver in Florida in All Classifications for MaxPreps
Cross Country Highlights:
- The men’s team had 1st place finishes at the Park Vista Invitational and the Dr. Joaquin Garcia Invitational
- Jonathan Pena and Tanner Prichard placed 1st and 2nd out of 240 individuals at the Dr. Joaquin Garcia Invitational
- The ladies’ team is 41–9 and finished 2nd at the Park Vista Invitational
- Fresh new young faces, highlighted by Hudson Fee leading the WA Boys Golf team at the WCS Invitational, held at the Biltmore. Newcomer sophomore Sara Davey shines at the home opener for the ladies’ team against Slam Miami!
- The cheer program has grown immensely, with a lot of interest this season in both the varsity and middle school programs. The team showed their passion and dedication by traveling across the state to Bradenton last Friday to cheer our Lions football team on to victory against Bradenton Christian School.
- The Swim and dive team has had a successful start to the 2023 season. Wins against American Heritage Delray and Sagemont have given the Lions a 2–0 record in dual meets. In addition, the early part of the season has been highlighted by strong performances at the 29th annual WA Relay Invitational and the Florida Christian Schools Championship. The team had 5 top 3 finishes at the Relay Invitational, boasting some of the top teams in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach. At the Christian School Championship, the men’s side came away with the runner-up trophy thanks to double event winner Christian Clark in the 50 and 100 freestyle and wins by Chris Bennett in the 500 freestyle and Scott Baust in the 1m diving.