Westminster Academy’s Laptop Program requires our high school students to bring an Apple MacBook (laptop) to school. Students will have access to our content-filtered, campus-wide wireless network. Through this one-to-one program, we believe that students will:
- Improve academic achievement
- Learn to use technology to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, and solve problems
- Practice Christ-honoring behavior related to technology while developing strong 21st Century skills
Our program provides students with access to email and collaboration tools through Google Workspace, business and productivity tools through Microsoft Office 365, storage and synchronization tools with a Managed Apple ID, and the entire suite of creative apps and services within Adobe Creative Cloud.
Apple’s unique integration of software and hardware (combined with the tools above) provides students with the power and freedom to pursue the most ambitious projects and allows teachers to make the classroom more flexible, collaborative, and personalized for each student.
Therefore, throughout their high school career, students must have an Apple MacBook capable of running the latest operating system — soon to be macOS Ventura. Windows PCs, Chromebooks, and tablets are not part of the program.
The Apple MacBook must meet the following specifications:
- MacBook Air (2018 or newer) OR MacBook Pro (2017 or newer) OR MacBook (2017 or newer)
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- At least 50% of disk storage is available (Cloud storage is provided via Google Drive and iCloud)
We highly recommend the AppleCare+ for Mac warranty program, which can now be extended on an annual basis to provide service, support, and accidental damage coverage for all four years (and beyond).
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.