25 Feb Lower School Science Fair
The fourth and fifth‐grade classes have been working hard on this year’s Science Fair. Each elementary class conducted a Science Fair experiment. Fourth grade did 15 group projects in class, and fifth‐grade students did individual experiments as they displayed their knowledge of the Scientific Method. The fifth‐grade students presented their project before two judges on Monday, February 25. The judges were very impressed by all of the hard work, scientific thought, and creative display boards, making their job of deciding the top three very difficult. The boards were displayed in the Lower School hallway through March 1.
A special thank you to all of our judges: Mr. Alise, Miss Garcia, Mrs. Hatch, Mrs. Omslaer, Mrs. Pierce, and Mrs. Walker.
- First Place: “Lego my Eggo” by Lucas Boariu, Philippe Hyppolite, and Jaden Kriegel
- Second Place: “Magtemps: Hot vs. Cold” by Mia Boghossian, Elle Geiger, Abigail Pierre, and Noelle Richardson
- Third Place: “Will it Rot” by Denim Edwards, Skylar Freas, Marley Scott, and Lexie Thibaut
- First Place: “Leaf vs. Flask” by Juliana Lonetta
- Second Place: “The Law of Attraction” by Margarita Pilipenko‐Kolina
- Third Place: “Coffee vs. Tea: (who will win)” by Olivia Oropesa
- “Is Bottle Water Safe to Drink?” by Michael DeTuro
- “Tower Take Down” by Stephen McKeon
- “Into Thin Air” by Lea Miller
- “Change When” by Nathaniel Lencse
- “Aqua Nation: The Surface Tension of Water” by Camilla Cruz‐Zayas
Afterward, each fifth‐grade student wrote a paragraph and drew a picture for our bulletin board reflecting on their “God Connection” they made as they were doing their project. Thanks to all for a job well done