16 Nov WA Athletics Fall Season Highlights
Posted at 3:24 PM on November 16, 2023, in School News
- They worked hard all season with off-campus practices and training while traveling alongside the Varsity Football team, cheering them onto many victories. The team is also preparing for their first competition since 2015, coming up this winter.
Ladies’ Cross Country
- District Champions, Regional Runner-Ups, Claire Chanon was Individual District Champion and placed 3rd in Regionals individually.
Men’s Cross Country
- District Champions, Regional Runner-Ups, Jonathan Pena was Individual District Champion and placed 2nd in Regionals individually.
- Finished season with a 10–2 record
- Made it to the State Championship for the first time since 1991
- Varsity Ladies’ won the inaugural WA/CCA Cup
- Sara Davey got a hole-in-one in the Regional tournament
Swim & Dive
- Christian Clark (District Champion in 100 Free, District Runner-Up in the 50 Free, Regional Champion in 100 Free, State Qualifier in the 50 Free, 7th Place at States in the 100 Free)
- Elle Nava (District Runner-Up in 1m Diving, State Qualifier for 1m Diving)
- Men’s 200 Medley Relay were State qualifiers (Christian Clark, Sebastian Garcia, Kyle Gayle, Luas Linares)
- Men’s 200 Free Relay were State qualifiers (Christopher Bennett, Christian Clark, Kyle Gayle, Frank Maio)
- District Champions
- 1st Place in the Elite Division at the Nike Tournament of Champions
- Finished season with a 24-3 record