Job Title: Director of Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
Summary: The Director of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and management of the school’s information technology infrastructure. This includes the design, development, and support of the school’s computer network, email system, website, and other applications. The IT Director also works with the leadership team, faculty, and staff to ensure that they have the resources they need to use technology effectively in the classroom and in their work. The IT Director will work with others to establish, plan and administer the overall policies and goals for technology at Westminster Academy, along with managing the information technology department and overseeing hardware and software support services in a predominantly Mac OS environment.
- Work with the leadership team to establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for technology at Westminster Academy.
- Manage the information technology department and oversee hardware and software support services in a predominantly Mac OS X environment.
- Administer the school’s network, including firewall configuration, security, and disaster recovery.
- Provide technology professional development for faculty and staff.
- Purchase, install, and support hardware and software throughout the school.
- Plan for future technology needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Strong technical skills, including experience with Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with network administration, security, and disaster recovery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work in a Christian school environment.
- Chance to make a difference in the lives of students and staff.
Educational Ministry: Westminster Academy is a ministry of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church. Westminster Academy is a Christ-centered, biblically-based college preparatory school dedicated to equipping covenant students to excel by using their gifts and talents for God’s glory.
Required Characteristics of a Westminster Academy employee:
- Possess and model a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate trustworthy commitment to WA in fulfilling its Mission and Vision
- Serve wholeheartedly as an exceptional teammate
Westminster Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualiﬁed candidates will be considered.