Westminster Academy is a private Christian school located in northeast Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Our fleet of 4 buses (3 yellow buses and a 32-seat activity bus) is used principally for after-school activities, athletic practices, and games. WA does NOT operate morning and afternoon bus routes to transport students to and from school. The workday for WA school bus operators generally starts at 2:00 p.m. and ends at 7:00 p.m., although away games can return much later in the evening. There are occasional field trips during the school day. WA’s policy is to have an adult staff member riding every bus, and we take student behavior accountability seriously.
Pay Rate: $20/hour
- Minimum of 3 years of licensed driving experience
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Must be a licensed (CDL) Class A or B with Passenger & School Bus Endorsements
- Must pass:
- Drug/Alcohol test (free)
- Physical Exam (free)
- A security background check (free)
- Motor Vehicle record check – must have an acceptable driving record (no more than 5 points in the past 5 years)
- Must reside within 20 miles of the school
- Safety first. The safety of our students and vehicles has to be the foremost concern.
- Maintain a clean bus and report any repair requirements immediately.