The Communications Specialist reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications and works closely with members of the Advancement Team (Marketing & Communications, Admissions, and Development) to advance the mission of the school. The Communications Specialist will create positive associations using print and digital media for effective internal communications and external marketing.
Experience in a communications-related field (advertising, marketing, public relations, graphic design, etc.) is preferred in addition to meeting requirements fitting all staff at Westminster Academy, including a strong Christian testimony. Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, along with proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) are required. Experience in graphic design, preparing files for print, photography, and organizational skills are a strong plus.
The Communications Specialist serves in support of all of Westminster Academy’s communications efforts. Some examples of primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monthly eNews—Gathering information, photos, and writing/editing articles in WordPress
- Publications—Annual publication, newsletters, and other collateral material as needed
- Social Media—Post photos, videos, and stories and monitor comments
- Photographing Events—Photography of school events (fine arts, athletics, etc.) as well as staged shots for promotional materials
- Creating Programs & Flyers—Primarily for various school events
- Work with vendors—Order posters, banners, printing, etc.
- Website updates—Keep website current as needed (WordPress)
- Manage email lists—Import/export data from various lists
- Logo design—For special events
- Apparel design—designs for t-shirts and hoodies for various school clubs
- Create presentations—Using Keynote, ProPresenter, etc.
- Writing school-wide emails and helping other departments with editing and proofing.
Please send your résumé and portfolio to Blake Matthews, Director of Marketing & Communications, at email@example.com
Westminster Academy (WA) is a Christ-centered, biblically-based college preparatory school serving students from PK2 through 12th grade in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. WA is a school ministry of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Christian Schools of Florida, National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA) and is a member of council in The Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA).