Reports To: Director of Development
The Development Specialist will work closely with the Director of Development, providing support for developing and executing fundraising strategies that support the school’s mission and goals. This includes various fundraising endeavors such as the Annual Fund Drive, designated donation projects, event assistance, corporate sponsorships, and donor communication. The Development Office also oversees and supports the efforts of our Lions Parent Association and Alumni Association.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to identify and cultivate donors, secure major gifts, and manage all aspects of fundraising campaigns.
- Assist with creating content for donor appeals and stewardship reports
- Coordinate production and mailing of written and digital appeals
- Become proficient in Raiser’s Edge NXT fundraising platform
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports
- Post development-related content for social media
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials, and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Coordinate corporate sponsor deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capacity to organize and prioritize work with attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Please send your résumé to Sarah Hajduk, Director of Development, at email@example.com
Westminster Academy (WA) is a Christ-centered, biblically-based college preparatory school serving students from PK2 through 12th grade in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. WA is a school ministry of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Christian Schools of Florida, National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), and is a member of council in The Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA).