Severe Weather Procedures For Grades 6–12
(Drop-off and pick-up remain the same for students in PK2–Grade 5)
In the event of severe weather, Westminster Academy will do our best to communicate with you about arrival and dismissal changes. These changes are for identified severe weather and/or flooding around campus. Please familiarize yourself with the following procedures.
If the weather forecast includes poor weather during the day, please have your child prepared for it. Ponchos, umbrellas, and even flip-flops will be very useful.
- Please enter through the open gate at 22nd Avenue and use the car line drop-off along the north side of the school building. Signage will be used to indicate this change.
- We realize that this may make students late for class, but teachers will be informed, and tardies will not be given.
It is our intent to send a text message indicating we will use the SEVERE WEATHER PICK UP as early as possible.
- Please enter through the open gate at 22nd Avenue and use the car line after grade PK–5 dismissal is complete.
- Students in grades 6–12 will be dismissed to the car line once the pick-up car enters the line. Students will enter vehicles at the covered walkway on the east side by the pool.
- Student drivers will be dismissed when facilities indicate that crossing 56th Street to their cars is safe.
We understand that these procedures will take additional time. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as your child’s safety is our utmost concern.
Students may park in the designated student spaces, shown on the Parking, Drop-Off & Pick-Up Map above. Student drivers are required to properly operate their vehicle in a safe, mature, and responsible manner and to comply with the school and public traffic regulations, including but not limited to speed, noise, and courtesy. While the school will take precautions to safeguard vehicles, there is no assumption of liability by the school for any loss or damage which may occur while a vehicle is parked on campus.