Westminster Academy is committed to delivering high-quality, Christ-centered education. That is our “what we do,” statement. It hasn’t changed since our founding in 1971. The “how we do it” has changed over the years. Usually, those changes have been incremental—adopting best practices and new techniques and technologies. This hasn’t been the case since we left for spring break.
We are excited to share that Westminster Academy is fully committed to opening on-time, on-campus, and as scheduled on August 12, 2020.
Certainly, there are many steps between here and there, and our task force has been hard at work planning our reopening and developing a framework of operating guidelines. Our operations team is working on ensuring a safe, healthy learning environment while overseeing cleaning and food-service procedures and campus access. Our program team is planning for teaching and learning to resume on-campus in the fall. They are also developing contingency plans for both short and long-term closures and options for those deemed as high risk.
At all times, the safety of our students is a top priority. At a minimum, Westminster Academy will follow the guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health, and the City of Fort Lauderdale.
To ensure you received important communication, please verify/update your contact details in our school information system.
- Log in to FACTS Family Online (ParentsWeb) here or from the top menu on our website
- Select Family in the menu on the left
- Towards the middle of the window, click on Family Information Form under Online Filing Cabinet
- Please update email and phone numbers for Custodial Parents and Emergency Contacts
- Digital Learning Guide
- Troubleshooting Google Hangouts Meet
- Troubleshooting General Computer or Software Issues
- Troubleshooting your Internet Connection
- Sunday Services Online
- Online Midweek Study with Pastor Rob
- Prayer at Coral Ridge—Weekdays at 3:14 p.m.
- Parenting in Isolation | Bob Barnes & Torrey Roberts
- Marriage in Isolation | Bob & Rosemary Barnes
- A Culture-Shaping Moment: How To Talk To Your Kids About the Coronavirus
- Coping During Coronavirus: Tips from Dr. Heather Clark, Clinical Psychologist, and Christian Counselor