Westminster Academy is committed to delivering high-quality, Christ-centered education. That is our “what we do,” statement. It hasn’t changed since our founding in 1971. The “how we do it” has changed over the years. Usually, those changes are incremental, adopting best practices and new techniques and technologies. This hasn’t been the case since we left for spring break.
Currently, our campus is closed due to the COVID-19 directives and guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health, and the City of Fort Lauderdale, among others. Westminster Academy will, at minimum, follow instructions provided by federal, state, and local authorities and may be more restrictive if it seems necessary for the safety of our students, faculty, and staff.
All school activities have been suspended until further notice—athletic games and practices, play practices, parent meetings, CASA (after school childcare), etc.
We now continue our mission—our what—through remote learning—our new how.
As this situation is developing, please be sure to check your email frequently, as we will provide updates as needed via email.
To ensure you received important communication, please verify/update your contact details in our school information system.
- Log in to FACTS Family Online (ParentsWeb) here or from the top menu on our website
- Select Family in the menu on the left
- Towards the middle of the window, click on Family Information Form under Online Filing Cabinet
- Please update email and phone numbers for Custodial Parents and Emergency Contacts
Below are some resources and important links to help make things a bit easier.
- FACTS Family Portal
- Google Hangouts Meet
- Google Classroom
- Accelerated Reader
- Lower School Schedule
- Middle School Schedule
- High School Schedule
- Digital Learning Guide
- Troubleshooting Google Hangouts Meet
- Troubleshooting General Computer or Software Issues
- Troubleshooting your Internet Connection
- Sunday Services Online
- Online Midweek Study with Pastor Rob
- Prayer at Coral Ridge—Weekdays at 3:14 p.m.
- Parenting in Isolation | Bob Barnes & Torrey Roberts
- Marriage in Isolation | Bob & Rosemary Barnes
- A Culture-Shaping Moment: How To Talk To Your Kids About the Coronavirus
- Coping During Coronavirus: Tips from Dr. Heather Clark, Clinical Psychologist and Christian Counselor