07 Oct Academic Accolades
National Merit Commended Scholar
Congratulations to Charlie Zou ’21, who has been named a Commended Student in the 2021 National Merit Scholar Program! This honor is given to students who have demonstrated outstanding potential for academic success. Charlie is among the top 50,000 scorers of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2021 competition by taking the 2019 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.
National Honor Society Induction
The National Honor Society Induction Ceremony delayed due to COVID last spring, took place on September 25. Thirty-one students were inducted based on the four pillars of the NHS including scholarship, service, leadership, and character. Mrs. Perry serves as the Advisor and looks forward to working with these students as they serve our community.
The 2020–21 NHS officers are:
- President—Josefine Richter
- Vice President—Blakeman Shaw
- Secretary—Adrianna Desir
- Treasurer—Arion Session-Walker
Each fall, the Advanced Placement Program recognizes high school students who have demonstrated outstanding college-level achievement through their performance on multiple AP Exams. In all, 27 students were honored as AP Scholars and Clara Harms ’20 and Mia Hibler ’20 received an AP Capstone Diploma. This diploma is granted to students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research and on 4 additional AP Exams of their choosing.
- AP Scholar—Granted to 10 students who received scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams.
- AP Scholar with Honor—Granted to 7 students who received an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams.
- AP Scholar with Distinction—Granted to 8 students who received an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams.
- AP Seminar and Research Certificate—Granted to 4 students who earned scores of 3 or higher in both AP Seminar and AP Research.