The Head Groundskeeper reports directly to the Director of Facilities and is responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance of all grounds at both the WA East (main) and West (athletic complex) campuses. This will include not only the playing surfaces but the outside general area grounds as well. This position will direct a grounds crew of two full‐time grounds staff members between both campuses. The Head Groundskeeper will also work closely with members of the Athletics department to accommodate their field use needs throughout all athletics seasons.
- Some managerial experience would be preferred.
- 2–3 years of turf/playing field maintenance experience.
- Experience related to baseball, football, soccer, softball preferred.
The Job Responsibilities for the Head Groundskeeper include:
- Managing grounds staff members.
- Accommodating athletics field use needs.
- Inventory and ordering of sports turf related chemicals.
- Keeping grounds and playing fields up to WA standard of excellence.
- Programming and maintaining irrigation systems.
- Completing annual sports‐related fieldwork in offseasons.