The Westminster Academy Alumni Board will be awarding two scholarships to seniors, each valued at $1000*.
Criteria for the WA Alumni Board Scholarship:
- Submit a 500-word essay, based on the prompts
- Personal testimony
- GPA minimum 3.0
- Details of extra curricular activities
- Two Teacher/Coach recommendations
- Open to college-bound seniors only (funds must be used towards college costs)
- Proven leadership or community involvement (student government, teen advisors, chapel, sports, drama, mission trip, etc.)
- Any additional information that shows the student participates in school functions
- Community service hours in excess of school requirement
- Exhibits Christ-like and godly character (represents alumni well!)
- College plans
Submission deadline is Thursday, March 23, 2017
. The scholarship winner will be announced at the Alumni Sponsored Lunch on May 10 and given out at the Senior Award Ceremony on May 11.
*Funding for this award is a direct result of revenue generated from the Westminster Academy Alumni Association membership dues. The Alumni Board will judge finalists based upon application criteria and essay review. All decisions made by the Alumni Board are final. To make a donation, please click here and make your designation "Alumni Association Scholarship."