14 Mar Concert Band Travels To Grand Bahama Island
The High School Concert Band, under the direction of Mr. Jeff Carroll, traveled to Grand Bahama Island on Thursday, March 2, for what should have been a 4-day, 3-night performance trip. However, due to rough seas and the cancellation of their return ferry, the band had to extend their stay by and an additional day.
While on the island the band performed at:
- The Lucaya Children’s Home where they were an encouragement to children who have been removed from their families
- The Lucaya International School where they encouraged their school to start their own band program
- The Lucaya Presbyterian Church as the main entertainment at a fundraiser for hurricane relief
- The Lucaya Market Square entertaining shoppers and diners in and around the square
- The Viva Fortuna Beach Resort Theater before the resort’s nightly show
Each performance was truly outstanding, and our students had a lot of fun with their audiences. In addition to their five performances that band the opportunity to visit the abandoned set to Pirates of the Caribbean, the Lucaya National Park and Caves, enjoy the amenities at the Viva Fortuna Beach Resort and of course do some shopping.
The band is thankful for those who prayed for them. They truly enjoyed representing WA and sharing their music with those on Grand Bahama Island. To view some photos from the trip, please visit the WA Facebook Page.